About the Hillsboro Community Center
The Hillsboro Community Center is located in historic Hillsboro, New Mexico. Designed as a public school by El Paso-based architects Trost and Trost and built in 1922, the school was the first dedicated four-year high school building in Sierra County and the first secondary school open to all county students. The Hillsboro High School served the residents of Hillsboro and the nearby communities of Kingston and Lake Valley, and the local ranches.
Later converted for use as a community center, it was listed on the National Historic Register in 1993. Today the Community Center hosts concerts, art shows, fundraisers, and club and local board meetings. It currently serves the community as a gathering place and emergency center, and is funded through donations by community members.
For a more detailed history of the Community Center, please click here.